[Exim] exim alias not working

Author: Antony Gelberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim alias not working
Hi all,

I have a box that runs exim with maildir, as I use courier IMAP on it.
I've installed hylafax, but I have a problem with fax email
notifications. All fax mail goes to local user faxmaster. I have an
entry in /etc/aliases to redirect this email to another user (robert),
but it doesn't work:

2004-03-30 13:04:16 1B8Hya-0000QC-00 == faxmaster@???
T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: cannot create
/var/spool/hylafax/Maildir

/var/spool/hylafax is the home directory of faxmaster. But faxmaster:
robert in /etc/aliases should redirect the mail, or so I thought.

Here's the relevant part of my exim.conf:
system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch*@
include_domain = true

Has this broken all my aliases where the left hand side is not
domain-qualified? I added the *@ as the server hosts mail for more than
one domain. I have tried looking through the documentation, but must
confess I find it rather difficult to understand. Please CC me as I'm
not on the list.