Re: [Exim] exim 4 and multiple alias files

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David W Smith
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim 4 and multiple alias files
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> David W Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get my head around configuring exim 4 to work with multiple
> > alias files (with one domain), more specifically mailman 2.1 aliases, and
> > was wondering if anyone who is using such a set up successfully could
> > point me in the right direction(?).
> >
> > Currently at the top of the 'directors configuration' section of exim's
> > configure file I have:
>
> There are no directors in exim4.

--- Fair point.

> > Would this work and do I actually need 'user = mailman'? Finally with re
> > to 'pipe_transport' can I use 'address_pipe' or do I need to create a pipe
> > transport for mailman?
> >
> > Thanks for any help/ideas.
>
> There are far better ways to use mailman with exim, check:
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

--- Not sure what you mean by 'far better ways'. I am successfully using
mailman with exim (as per the info at 'www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html')
and now want to tweak the exim configuration so exim can be pointed at a
separate alias file that would contain my mailman 2.1 aliases. It may be
that the exim 4 'mailman_router' does the job, I'm just not sure.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on/ideas about pointing exim to more
than one alias file (in this case one containing mailing list aliases)?

Thanks.

David Smith