Re: [Exim-dev] So young and already dead?

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: 'exim-dev@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim-dev] So young and already dead?
Nico Erfurth wrote:

> Just wondering why nothing happens here anymore. :-/

well, perhpas to get it going again...
Regardless of any previous discussions :)
It appears to me that most of the talk on this list have been revolving
around the current exim release, is this really what we want?
In other words, how about taking this approach, let the current exim 4.xx
continue to be developed as it is by Phillip, as he has done in the past.
Take the new hardware/software that the University said it would supply and
start on the Exim 5.x software release on that, and with multiple
developers. Not that 'old' code could not/should not be a part of the
development, but it seems to me it would be easier 'to start from scratch'
than to move a fully developed project to the herds.
Thoughts anyone?
--

--EAL--