Re: [Exim] MySQL persistant?

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MySQL persistant?
Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:35:08PM -0500, Dean Brooks wrote:
> > Performance is really the issue here, and am concerned about > the
> overhead on our MySQL server of dealing with thousands of > new
> connections per minute.
>
> If performance is the issue then you are better off with dbm or cdb
> files. You can still have nice sql command line access to your dbm
> files if you put Perl on the box: just install DBD::DBM and dbish, the
> DBI shell. Lovely stuff...

Just a side note or two, I have never had any 'performance' problems with
LDAP lookups causing any type of delay's, so MySQL should not be a problem
either if it is running on good hardware with lots o' memory; but poorly
written Perl code, will be an issue, please note that I did say 'poorly
written Perl code' ;)

--

--EAL--