Re: [Exim] Failing on "make"

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing on "make"
On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 12:35, trevor.mclachlan@??? wrote:

> gcc -c -O -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/include -o exim_dbmbuild.o
> exim_dbmbuild.c
> gcc -o exim_dbmbuild exim_dbmbuild.o \
> -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat -ldb
> ld: fatal: library -ldb: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to exim_dbmbuild
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [exim_dbmbuild] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/export/home/trevor/exim-4.30/build-SunOS5-5.8-sparc'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

You probably need to specify in the Makefile the path to the DB
libraries. Something like 'EXIMEXTRA_LIBS' may do it (check in the
makefile though). But...

> Is there something else I need to install to get around this ?
> I just installed BerkeleyDB.3.3 to get around the last problem.

Why? We run solaris 8 and 9 systems with exim using ndbm with no
problems. I would suggest commenting out the 'USE_DB' from your makefile
and then see how it goes.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839