Re: [Exim] 4.31 pre-release snapshot

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.31 pre-release snapshot
On Mar 24, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Wakko Warner wrote:
> Keep a copy of the original src/EDITME somehwere and don't touch it.
> After
> you modify src/EDITME, diff the src/EDITME.orig with src/EDITME and
> keep
> that diff. Chances are, you can safely use this diff on newer
> versions.

I'm paranoid, and keep all versions of exim on the system

my home directory has a subdir called __INSTALLS

and looks something like this:

__INSTALLS
    exim
        exim4.30
            SOURCE
                exim4.30 src
                sa exim patch src
                exiscan acl patch src
            WORKING
                exim4.30 build dir -- includes all working files, src/EDITME is cp
to local/Makefile to preserve info
            CONFIG
                versions of /usr/exim/configure and referenced files
        exim4.24
            same as above

I do that for all the apps i install. I should probably better manage
this with svn, but this works for me.