Re: [Exim] Failing on "make"

Author: trevor.mclachlan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing on "make"

I am running Solaris 8 ... So it should be present then.

I will try and find the library.

Thanks for your help

Trev

|         |           Philip Hazel     |
|         |           <ph10@???.|
|         |           uk>              |
|         |           24/03/2004 15:47 |
|         |           exim-users       |

  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       trevor.mclachlan@???                                                                              |
  |       cc:       exim-users@???                                                                                         |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Exim] Failing on "make"                                                                                |

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 trevor.mclachlan@??? wrote:

> libiconv_close                      rfc2047.o
> libiconv                            rfc2047.o
> libiconv_open                       rfc2047.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/export/home/trevor/exim-4.30/build-SunOS5-5.8-sparc'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

This error indicates that the iconv() library is missing. You do not say
which operating system you are using. Some OS have iconv() as standard;
some do not. The Exim manual for the 4.30 release has a section on iconv
(section 4.5). Exim assumes that iconv() is present in Cygwin, HP-UX,
IRIX, Linux, OSF1, SCO, Solaris, and Unixware.