Re: [Exim] Split services exim / spamassasin / amavis

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rossen Naydenov
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Volker Lieder
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Split services exim / spamassasin / amavis
Volker Lieder wrote:
| This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
| --
| [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
| Hallo List,
| we have a mail server with the services listed above.
| Because of a high load on the machine we want to install a 2nd machine

which
| handles the services amavis and spamassasin.
| The MX-Record for our domain shows the actual running machine.
| This machine should get the mails, send it for virus and spamchecking

to the 2nd machine.
| The 2nd machine should after checking send the mails back to the first

machine
| which contains the mailboxes.
| Has anybody such an installation running or information for a setup?

You should probably make it this way:
The mails should hit first the 2nd machine and then after scan they will
be relayed to your email server. This way you will save time and traffic.

At least this is how I am trying to make thing work in my place.