Re: [Exim] GUI Function?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Wade
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim users list
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] GUI Function?
Scott Veirs wrote:
> Honestly, not to sound like a newb...
>
> Everything. I just want to learn to manage the system without having to read
> a manual evertime. A lot of GUI's have been easier to understand and get
> through faster but being abe to see a function instead of trying to learn
> the command and all of the syntax's.
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Scott

There is no substitute for reading and learning before undertaking a
complicated task such as administering a mail server.

In my experience that's one of the biggest downfalls of GUIs when used for
administrative tasks. A GUI encourages unqualified people to do tasks,
leading them by the nose along a path defined by the GUI developer, with no
understanding of the implications of where they are being led.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555