[Exim] Question regarding migration to exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chris J. Babyak
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Question regarding migration to exim
This may or may not be the corrent place for this question, my apologies if it isn't, hopefully somoene can point me in the right direction.

I've a few questions about migrating mailstores.

Our old system was qmail and maildir mailstores. The new exim box has been setup with mbox mailstores.
Some of the users have already been migrated with old mailstores still sitting on the qmail box.

What kind of migration technique would be the best for moving this old mail? There's always drag/drop which is effective enough for a few users, but not for more than 5 or 10. Mailstores could be converted from maildir to mbox with qmail's maildir2mbox utility and then the newly created inbox file transferred -this seems to work OK if the user hasn't been already using the new box. But for the user who has new mail already on the new box and needs their old mail, is just appending the old mail (converted maildir2mbox file) to the new inbox file OK? Or does that present problems for the way mbox format files are read. Popping the old mail over to the new box via SquirrelMail's mail_fetch utility might work out, but I believe there's an issue with having dates on the mail carried across.

Can anyone lend some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
cjbst59@???