Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Karlsen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields
Philip,

Many thanks for the reply, I've been building a replacement for a multi
daemon sendmail mta, with Exim. All the bits, like tieing IP adresses to
deamons for listening and sending, the masquerading of the source domain
based on the RCPT to field, I thought would be difficult, weren't. The bit
that I thought would be easy (5 min job), the non qualification of the To
and From headers, turned out to be the bit that took the longest!
Anyway, it's all working as it should be and I will start load testing it
either today or tomorrow, then it's time to put it on a much bigger box (4
processor 8Gb RAM) and load test again, want to see how many messages a
second we can get through it, in and out.

I'm not really critisizing yr explanation in the Docs, it may have been me
not interpreting it correctly, I was tired at the time, so that may not have
helped too.

But Edgar certainly explained it very well.

Many thanks for everyones help.

Steve