Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Steve Karlsen
CC: fv+exim, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Steve Karlsen wrote:

> Thanks for yr reply,
>
> It seems to be the case that exim insists on add ing qualification to
> unqualified addresses, however, here's a teaser, I know that an exim mta
> (version 3.36) does do this, somebody has managed to configure it to pass
> out (we're all on a big private network) unqualified addresses. Now I'm
> using Exim 4.30, so I'm wondering if 3.36 wasn't so stringent.
> I know that their MTA does this, because I have the traces and I can see
> Exim 3.36 in the banner.

The following comment appears in the source of Exim 4.30 (current) and
Exim 3.36 (the last Exim 3 release):

/* The headers must always be run through rewrite_header, because it
ensures that addresses are fully qualified, as well as applying any
rewriting rules that may exist ... This rewriting is documented as
happening *after* recipient addresses are taken from the headers by
the -t command line option. An added Sender: gets rewritten here. */

Conclusion: they hacked the code of 3.36.

Alternative: they configured Exim to qualify with some magic domain, and
added a transport filter that strips it out again.