[Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields

Author: Steve Karlsen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields
Hi,

I have exim running on a private internal network (was recently sendmail) as
a relay, it relays traffic from one node to other a couple of other nodes,
nothing special.

However, due to the nature of the traffic, I require to accept unqualified
hosts in the To and from headers (not the envelope To/From fields) and relay
them as is (unqualified) to the next host.
I have set sender_unqualified_hosts and recipient_unqualified_hosts,
appropriately, but I gather, that this just allows them to be accepted, it
seems that both headers get locally qualified, as they should do, but is it
possible to turn this off? Have scoured the docs and threads on google, but
haven't found a lot.
It was possible to turn it off in sendmail.

Many thanks

Steve