[Exim] String expansion and named lists

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bruce Richardson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] String expansion and named lists
Some of the things I have been trying to do with Exim recently would
have been significantly eaiser if it were possible to test for list
membership in string expansions, along the lines of

    {if inlist{$value}{+relay_domains}{yes}{no}}

Is it that I have been more than usually dense, and there is a way of
doing this? If not, do other people think it would be a useful feature?
I think it would, because the logic that Exim uses for testing named
list membership (e.g. in acl conditions) is both nifty and difficult to
duplicate with the existing expansion operators and tests.

I realise that it is possible to construct a text file so that it can be
used both to populate a list and for lookups but this can be very
clunky. It would also more satisfying and less error-prone to be able
to populate the list just once.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant. -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"