[Exim] Announce: greylisting in sa-exim 4.0

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Joshua Alexander
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Announce: greylisting in sa-exim 4.0
On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 12:54:21PM -0500, Joshua Alexander wrote:
> Yay, I finally got a rudimentary greylisting system working on our
> mailserver!
>
> Has anyone else implemented this? I've already made a sizeable to do
> list of improvements to code.

Sorry for the late answer.

Sure thing, sa-exim 4.0 has been released about a week ago now and does
include greylisting support.
It is however smarter than all the other implementations I've seen so far,
in that it only greylists posts that have an intermediate score in
SpamAssassin.
Non spam flows right through (even though it does seed the greylist pool so
that if a spammish mail comes from the same place later, its score can be
dropped somewhat due to the tuplet (env from/env to/connect-ip) being
whitelisted.

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-current/README.greylisting

Marc