RE: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as o…

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as other users
Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> Eli wrote:
>>
> ..[snip]...
>>
>> tracking down a user :) Now if only all those prog. languages like
>> PHP, ASP, CF and such would allow for SMTP authentication in their
>> mail functions so that you could force formmail users to
>> authenticate all their email too :P
>>
> Teach them PERL for all thier form mailers :P

You can try :) It would be like carving stone with a toothpick in my
situation because we host over 30000 domains, and you can only imagine how
many of those people are stubborn cows who won't do anything except what
they want. There's also the whole thing of people wanting to use native
programming language calls to send emails and since we allow for quite a few
different languages, we'd have to find options for each one of them. I
haven't looked into this whole aspect yet though, so I may yet find a
suitable answer for this :)

Eli.