Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as o…

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as other users
--
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:14:44PM -0800, Fred Viles wrote:
> Depending on what you want to accomplish, another option is to simply
> add an X- header to the message with the authenticated ID.

I don't trust headers for any kind of sensitive or crucial information.
In this case, since the information can be verified directly, I don't
see the point of using a header. If you want an arbitrary placeholder
to avoid redoing some calculations, use the ACL variables.

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?