Re: [Exim] Simple(?) newbie problem ...

Author: Lars Schimmer
Subject: Re: [Exim] Simple(?) newbie problem ...
Kamran Remin schrieb:
| Actually that's what i want to setup: Replacing Exchange with Exim&Cyrus
| ... i wanted to use the old cyrus version that comes with the default
| Debian Woody distribution.
| I tried the cyrus21 with sasl2 some time ago, but had back then the same
| problem with the users and exim ... hwo do you solve that? Do you tell
| exim to check the user against sasl2? Do you use exim3 or exim4? I use
| exim3 at the moment.

| Maybe i should switch from exim3 & cyrus to exim4 and cyrus21 ???

Jo, i'm using exim4 latest and cyrus21-imapd latest withsasl2 latest
from debian.
*searching my conf*
where is it...
I just know I have to use cyradm to create the user and to create user's
database.
sasl_mech_list: plain cram-md5
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd auxprop

more to read in man imapd.conf :-)
Using sasl2 with cyrus wasn't hard to conf, but exim4 is a bit tricky,
under debian there are goood examples given.
And under debian under /usr/share/doc/cyrus21-common there is
README.Debian.simpleinstall.gz which is very helpful for first time
install :-)

| Regards,
| Kamran Remin

| PS: Greetings from Cologne!

cya from sunny Braunschweig
Lars
- --
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@???
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03