Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization erro…

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Chris Edwards
CC: Jethro R Binks, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error,
Chris Edwards writes on 3/17/2004 5:29 PM:

> DynDNS run an authenticated outbound SMTP service for this sort of situation.
> Submission can be on a variety of ports, including 25 and 587 and they
> have a decent abuse desk so things don't get blacklisted.
>
> http://www.dyndns.org/services/mailhop/outbound/

We run one for mail.com and other domains we host (but costs a few
dollars more than $0.00)

pobox.com has a service that offers forwarding and smarthost + sasl
authentication + tls

Also, most webhosting providers offer smtp auth + tls on alternate ports
as well as the standard port 25, because of the prevalence of port 25
blocking / in some cases, redirecting through a set of filtering servers
(as in the case of aol, and at least one uk isp - freeserve?)

[etc]

    srs