Re: [Exim] speed of lookup types

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] speed of lookup types
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:07, Joshua Alexander wrote:
> So is there any tool that will let me compare Exim's performance
> processing a lookup of one type versus another?

Not really.
Your best bet is faking up a realistic quantity of data and running
verify/routing tests in exim.

For the standard db lookups, cdb should be the fastest by a fair margin,
but updates require you to rewrite the whole file (the upside of that is
that updates are atomic and do not lock out cdb access).

Other SQL type lookups are probably very variable - and may vary over
time as the database gets clogged or better indexed etc. No idea for
the LDAP/DNS type lookups.

    Nigel.