Re: [Exim] Exim+popd

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Axel Hollanda
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim+popd
--

On Mar 15, 2004, at 15:58, Axel Hollanda wrote:
> I think this message is a little bit offtopic, but I'll do it
> anyway. I'm collecting information about pop daemons with mysql support
> for authentication. My system gets 200+ input requests simultaneously
> and it's really important to the software to be stable and fast. I hope
> someone here have a similar system to point me to a good solution.

By far, the most scalable (fast, distributable..) Free(tm) POP3/IMAP
suite is Cyrus.
http://www.cyrusoft.com/

It prefers its own database of users/passwords (to allow MD5
challenge/response), but can also use external types (such as MySQL
lookups) via "saslauthd".

-tor
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]