Re: [Exim] exim on firewall

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Jackson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] exim on firewall
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:30:47 +0200 Ben-Nes wrote:

> I to filter mail from spam and viruses on my firewall then forward the
> clean mail to the real mailer. ( exchange )
> Is this a good solution ?

Yes; if you really must use Exchange then fronting it with a proper MTA is
a good idea.

> where I can read about this topic ?

My quickstart to spam/virus scanning can be found at:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/Exim-SpamAndVirusScanning.pdf

Beyond that, to forcibly route the messages to the Exchange server, you'll
want a "manualroute" router - search the list archives for that and you'll
find a number of posts by me and other people on that topic. It's very
easy to do.

If you're fronting Exchange, you'll probably need to check the recipients
at SMTP time against the Exchange user list via LDAP - there's a recipe in
the Exim 4 cookbook (on http://www.exim.org/ ) to do that, although I
haven't tried it myself.

Tim