RE: [Exim] Howto block all unknown/unlisted user?

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Howto block all unknown/unlisted user?
Odhiambo G. Washington <mailto:wash@wananchi.com> wrote:
> * Markus Eckerl <me@???> [20040315 12:46]: wrote:
>> how do I block mail for unlisted/unknown users on my system?
>> I think when a email for xyz@??? arrives exim should check
>> wether the email adress exists. If the adress doesnt exist, exim
>> should block this mail. I am shure this is possible with exim but I
>> must be a little bit blind... Can somebody help me?
>
> The default configure file that comes with Exim does that job so well,
> if you did not modify it badly..

It's possible that he's running a relay server, in which case the default
configuration will not suffice. You can use LDAP lookups against your
internal mail server if that's possible, or output a textfile of valid
local_parts from the internal server and do a lookup against that.

It would be easier to help you if you gave us a few more details about your
setup.

Steven

---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>