Re: [Exim] Please add support for ACLs run at _start_ of dat…

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Andreas Metzler, exim-users
CC: Steinar H. Gunderson, 237947-forwarded
Subject: Re: [Exim] Please add support for ACLs run at _start_ of data (acl_smtp_predata)
At 10:10 pm +0100 2004/03/14, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>At 5:56 pm +0100 2004/03/14, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>>Hello,
>>I have received this as http://bugs.debian.org/237947
>>On 2004-03-14 "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@???> wrote:
>>> While implementing greylisting in exim4 we came across an interesting
>>> possibility: Reject not _after_ DATA, but actually on the DATA command
>>> itself. (Most greylisting implementations seem to reject on RCPT, but
>>> that potentially breaks callouts etc. in all sorts of ugly ways.) Ie.
>>> something like:

[...]
>I do not understand how this would be different if done at the RCPT
>phase. Just send a temporary error then and you will not violate the
>RFC..

I missed the point about the reject at RCPT breaking callouts, but
still my point stands, as long as you do not apply greylisting to <>
senders until the end of the DATA phase, your will still not waist
much bandwidth and at the same time stay inside the standards. This
is the same I do for spam scoring.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/