[Exim] Creating Auto/vacation reply for Exim v.3.12 running …

Author: manie esterhuizen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Creating Auto/vacation reply for Exim v.3.12 running on Debian Linux
Hi there

OK this is it. After looking for the .vacation.db file (no
where to be found) on my Debian box and reading the man for
vacation I ran from the command prompt vacation. Guess what
happend Nothing !!!!. "It will help if the ^$#&^*&%(*
program was installed" I said to my self.

So with the vacation program install I got it working with
the .forward file in the user directory.

Now the next questions that I have got are:

When I send 4 messages internally to manie@??? I
get a reply on the first 2 messages from the vacation
program, after that nothing. So I go and unload and reload
vacation in the user dir. then it will work again. What is
the reason for this ?.

When I send mail from outside my domain to the user on
vacation I get this error message in the user on vacation's
mail box:
manie@???:
     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<manie@???> +SIZE=1571:
host mx2.mailbox.co.za [66.18.76.122]:
533 5.1.8 <manie@???>... Domain of sender
address +manie@??? does not exist

It's pulling the mail servers domain name from the host
file ...????

I would really like if I can get a working config to put
into the exim.conf file to get this working.

All I want the user to do is to put the .vacation.msg in
there user dir. and I don't have to do a thing.

Regards

Manie

http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup Webmail ISP - Cool Connection, Cool Price