Re: [Exim] remove_headers in ACL?

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] remove_headers in ACL?
On 2004-03-11 John Dalbec <jpdalbec@???> wrote:
> I know I can use "warn" to add headers in an ACL. Is there any way
> to remove headers?

Not in the ACLs. You can remove headers in transports, routers or in
the system filter and if you want to remove it in all mails the system
filter is your best bet.

> If so when does it take effect? If I remove and
> add the same header will it remove the value I just added?

See documentation "40.6 Adding and removing headers in a system
filter".

If you want to replace a header please check the exim-users archive,
e.g. the thread "Removing spamassassin headers from incoming mail"
starting at about 2004/01/20.

Phil has noted that he intends to overhaul the code for managing
header additions/removals in near future which will make this a lot
easier, I assume.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"