Re: [Exim] Entering a name in From: header

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Entering a name in From: header
On 12 Mar 2004 at 1:30, Richard Gration wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Entering a name in From:":

| Scott Pickett wrote:
| > I want my email to show that it came from "Pickett",
| > so I'm sending in the following:
| >
| > MAIL From: Pickett <scottpick@???>

| You've got the solution right here! Just use the quotes ie

| MAIL FROM: "Pickett" <scottpick@???>

That's just as illegal. The SMTP envelope commands MAIL and RCPT do
not allow extra text to accompany the address(es).

But MUA's don't generally have access to the SMTP envelope addresses
anyway, so the OP's question makes no sense to me. Sounds like he's
asking about the message's From: header, in which case exim's got
nothing to do with it.

- Fred