RE: [Exim] Request for comment: changing Received header tim…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nick Ragouzis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: 'Fred Viles', exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Request for comment: changing Received header timestamps
Fred,

> Queue write time

I was just responding in the context of the original use case.
That is, the confusion by a (new?) administrator of whether
the message sat on the queue or was still being received in
that time span.

> reflect start or ended

Right. Reflect start.

I view advent times are the crucial times for tracing problems
and synchronizing with the related facilities. Debugging mail
forwarding and gatewaying only one among many. And the tracing
I'm addressing has as much to do with real-time-ish automation
across many services as it does after-the-fact humans.

Transaction duration and completion times are another aspect
altogether.

> Philip's proposal ... add both

(DATA ended at xxxxxx) is fine with me.

Best,