Re: [Exim-dev] Philips document

Página Inicial
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-dev
Assunto: Re: [Exim-dev] Philips document
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 14:47, John Horne wrote:
> What I am a bit confused about is to what extent Philip is going to be
> supporting/maintaining/developing Exim in the future? I appreciate that
> the product no doubt takes much more of his time than it may have done
> in the early days (we started using it with version 1.64), and that he
> may well need to off-load some of this, but to what extent?

I guess theres a bit of context here that was explained in the precursor
to the discussion document, but got lost this time. The summary of that
is that in a few years Philip gets to retirement, which will definitely
have some effect on his exim work (no idea if thats going to mean a
complete departure, a slackening off, or possibly even a speeding up).
In any case things will change at that time, and its better to manage
some change now, and make the whole process more community based and so
less prone to a single developer's constraints.

> 1) If there is to be a 'head developer' then I too hope that Philip will
> take that role and direct the product as he sees fit. I would still like
> to think of Exim as Philip's, but with support from other people too.

Initially definitely. Longer term needs to be worked out. And any
"elected heads" obviously need to be willing :-)

    Nigel.