Re: [Exim] open relay prevention

Author: Ian A B Eiloart
To: Christopher Baker, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] open relay prevention
telnet to port 25 on your host, from a remote host - one that isn't trusted
to send mail (perhaps you have a machine at home that you can use) - and
say:

helo <anything>
mail from:<>
rcpt to:<recipient>
quit

Where <anything> is anything that your host accepts, and "recipient" is not
a local recipient, but is a known good email address. "postmaster" at
somewhere would do.

You should get a 5xx error after rept to:

--On jueves, 11 marzo 2004 07:10 -0500 Christopher Baker