Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim-dev] Bits and pieces
On 2004-03-10 Nico Erfurth <masta@???> wrote:
> Phil Pennock schrieb:
>>> But that brings up another question (for me). Using autoconf or not?

>> *scream!*

> OKOK :)

>> As someone who's added local hacks to Exim, and local hacks to an
>> autoconf program, I fervently beg that Exim stick to its current
>> configuration system.

> I know, but still it makes life easier for package-maintainers, and it
> IS a standard for source distribution today.

Speaking as package maintainer: I am rather[1] happy with the current
setup because it makes it easy to tell exim *exactly* what to link
against, which is what I need.

And autoconf's brother libtool has one very nerving bug - it
automatically links against any indirectly referenced library.

However using auto* might be easier to maintain and ight lower the
entry barrier for new developers
          cu andreas
[1] Compiling exim multiple times with different options requires ugly
hacks.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"