Re: [Exim] Feature request: 'sender_helo_name' ACL condition

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: exim-users
CC: Matthias Waffenschmidt, Tor Slettnes
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Feature request: 'sender_helo_name' ACL condition
Hello,

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:39:55PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
>
> > I was wondering that there is no generic expansion condition to test
> > if a string is part of a list.
> >
> > Expansion conditions would be much more powerful with this extension
> > and I guess it is not too much work to implement it.
>
> It has been on the Wish List for quite some time:

> (73) 17-Jul-02 M Match a list from within a condition
>
> e.g.  ${if matchdomain {$domain}{+domainlist} ...
>       ${if matchhost {$sender_host_address}{1.2.3.4/10:2.3.4.5/16}...

> Thought needed about how to handle host names. This may be too messy to specify
> cleanly.
>
> The comment sums up the problem I foresaw at the time. I have not
> revisted this recently, but since that date, Exim has been changed so
> that the use of $sender_host_name automatically triggers an rDNS lookup.
> That might help.

Sorry, but I don't understand the problem: At least in the matchdomain
condition only the existence of a string in a list of strings has to
be checked, so no rDNS lookup of any type should be necessary?!?

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33