Re: [Exim-dev] Re: [Exim] The future maintenance and develop…

Author: Tony Finch
To: Yann Golanski
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [Exim-dev] Re: [Exim] The future maintenance and development of Exim
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Yann Golanski wrote:

> Any idea which open source structure we'd like to use?

Since I will be doing a lot of the setup work, it will be largely based on
my experience as a member of the Apache and FreeBSD development teams.
This is based on a core team of committers who (in addition to their own
development work) pick up contributions from the development mailing list
and the bug tracking system and incorporate those that are good enough
into the master repository. Committers review each others work in order to
maintain the overall quality. People with a good track record of
contributions on the list and BTS may be invited to become a committer,
which will probably involve some kind of probationary period.

This kind of setup should allow a smooth transition from the current
situation of a single-person core team.

Infrastructure-wise: CVS, Bugzilla, Mailman. (I don't have enough
experience with Subversion to run a svn repository.)

--
Tony Finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/