Re: [Exim] Exim 4 directive "log_file_path" and "$interface_…

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Hunte Swee
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 directive "log_file_path" and "$interface_port"
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:53:49AM +0800,
Hunte Swee <hunte@???> is thought to have said:

> I setup Exim to listen on the port 25 and 26. 25 is inbound and 26 is outbound. And wanna use two separate log file, so set the log_file_path as:
> log_file_path = /var/log/exim/$interface_port/%s.log
>
> but it always loged into file "/var/log/exim/-1/%s.log".
>
> What happen?

$interface_port isn't set in the part of the code where logging occurs. And
if you think about it, this makes sense, since there are lots of things that
might be logged where $interface_port doesn't apply like say a queue runner.

If you want two different daemons logging to different places places I'd
recommend setting up two completely different installs each configured to
log to a different place, have a different spool, different config files
etc.

Alternatively just have one daemon and one log file and set
+incoming_interface +incoming_port in your log_selector definition.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality