Re: [Exim] tls problem

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] tls problem
At 9:01 am -0800 2004/03/09, <rossz@???> wrote:
>On 3/9/2004, "Giuliano Gavazzi" <eximlists@???> wrote:
>>
>>look at spec.txt and you'll find that:
>>
>>tls_advertise_hosts = !65.213.231.49
>
>Shouldn't I be using this syntax:
>
>tls_advertise_hosts = !65.213.231.49 : *
>
>Or is the * unnecessary?

well, if exim asks, is 65.213.231.49 contaned in !65.213.231.49 : *,
I think it should say yes. So you do not want the *. In other words
the : seems to be like an OR (or a union if you like).

> >Apropos the error, it might be that your certificate has been
>>self-signed and so it is not recognised by the peer.
>

>Yah, it is self-signed. I don't need to spend the money on a "real"
>certificate since the tls connection is for personal use (tls support in
>the MUA).

the same as many do. I have my own CA, and I installed this CA in the
client machines, although in some cases the security warning can be
overridden anyway.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/