Re: [Exim] Spam Filtering Question

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Adam Bown
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam Filtering Question
--

On Mar 8, 2004, at 12:25, Adam Bown wrote:
> As for the folders thing, this is for IMAP users. I've just set up
> courier
> IMAP and I'm aware that exim doesn't really "understand" subfolders.
> I've
> managed to set up a kind of arrangement whereby users can set up
> "server-side mail rules" using a web interface. This means they can
> alias a
> domain at their inbox or any subfolder thereof and exim will deliver it
> directly there. It was then I decided the arrangement lends itself
> nicely
> to spam filtering.

Well, you can also configure Exim to deliver into arbitrary Maildir
folders, based on, say, an Exim filter in a user's home directory.
You'd want to setup 'directory2_transport' in the appropriate router,
and point it to something like 'maildir_home' in the default Exim4
configuration. Then you could have an Exim filter like this:

    # Exim filter

    if $h_X-Spam-Report: begins Yes
    then
       save $home/Maildir/.Junk//

    else
       save $home/Maildir//

    endif

Note the double slashes at the end of the folder path -- these tell
exim to use the 'directory2_transport' transport.

-tor
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]