Re: [Exim] Exim 3.35 system wide filter drops local part

Author: liam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.35 system wide filter drops local part
On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:18:57AM +1100, liam@??? wrote:

> My Exim system wide filter is as follows:
>
>     # Exim filter
>     if $h_X-Spam-Status: contains Yes
>     then
>         save Maildir/.Spam/
>     endif

> What this is does is save mail that matches the filter to:
>
>     /var/spool/mail/message filter@???/Maildir/.Spam/new/...

I've removed SpamAssassin from the equation and with the vanilla
exim.conf provided with Debian, messages are still delivered to the
local-part 'message filter' if I manually add the X-Spam-Status header
to the message header.

The only configuration items I added to a vanilla exim.conf are:

    message_filter = /etc/exim/system-filter
    message_filter_directory_transport = address_directory

    address_directory:
      driver = appendfile
      no_from_hack
      prefix = ""
      suffix = ""
      maildir_format
      directory = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}@${domain}/Maildir

I think the problem is that once it hits the filter, $local_part is
changed to 'message filter' for some reason and the original local
part is placed in the X-Envelope-To header.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps if there is a variable that
also honours X-Envelope-To that I could use instead of $local_part?

Thanks.