Re: [Exim] filtering at SMTP DATA time?

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] filtering at SMTP DATA time?
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:11:02PM -0800,
Jeremy C. Reed <reed@???> is thought to have said:

> Can standard Exim do any filtering (like regular expressions) as SMTP DATA
> time?
>
> So a message can be rejected at end of DATA?
>
> I read in Exim 4.30 Specification chapter 14 that exim filters is applied
> at the start of each delivery attempt. So I assume that could be long
> after the SMTP QUIT.
>
> Could this be done with acl_smtp_data policy control using "condition" and
> "match"? If so, any examples available?

This is one I used when W32.Sobig.E was the worm du jour:

deny    condition = ${if match{$header_date:}{\N\s--\d{4}$\N}{yes}{no}}
        log_message = Malformed Date header (double dash on TZ). Probably \
                      W32.Sobig.E. Date: $header_date:
        message = This message was refused because it looks \
                  like it is infected with the W32.Sobig.E worm. See\n\
                  http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.e@mm.html \
                  for details. If you feel this determination is in error, \
                  please forward the entire message to \
                  postmaster@??? and include code \"AV#1\" \
                  in the Subject

You should be able to get the idea from that. I'm sure you can find other
examples in the list archives.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality