Re: [Exim] Exception to this

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: exim.list
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exception to this
--

On Mar 5, 2004, at 10:19, Joe wrote:

> Is there an exception to this?
> sender_reject_recipients = /etc/exim/mail.rejects

This _should_ do the trick:
     sender_reject_recipients = !/etc/exim/mail.accepts :
/etc/exim/mail.rejects

(but what does the variable name 'sender_reject_recipients' mean?
Sounds a bit counterintuitive..)

> I have some domains blocked like(to much spam from countries i don't
> care
> to get mail from)
>
> *.dk
> *.*.dk
> *.*.*.dk

[snip]

With all due respect, I don't think you actually receive much (if ANY)
spam from Denmark (or Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland). Keep in mind
that the envelope and header sender addresses are forged in nearly all
spam.

But if you _do_ want to reject mail from certain countries, have a look
at:

     http://moensted.dk/spam/

You will find RBLs that list IPs assigned to a given country. For
instance, you can use:

     deny dnslist = us.countries.nerd.dk

and instantly get rid of >70% of your spam! :)

-tor
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]