Re: [Exim] route_list and self behavior?

Author: John Dalbec
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] route_list and self behavior?
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, John Dalbec wrote:
>

>>If I have
>>    route_list=* host1:host2 byname
>>what happens when I run this on host1?  Does it obey the "self" option or does
>>it fall back to host2?

> Self.
>

>>If I want it to fall back, do I have to use separate routers (with self=pass)
>>for each host? This seems wasteful.
>

> See if you can make it do what you want it to do in a different way...
>
> I suppose you want "self = ignore". You can perhaps fake this up by
> using ignore_target_hosts on the router.

Nope. Setting ignore_target_hosts to "host1" causes the router to report a
lookup failure. There's no "host_find_failed = ignore" option either. I
thought maybe using a hostlist might help but hostlists don't seem to be
expanded in a route_list.
I decided to use ${sg...} to convert the $primary_hostname to a "+". I'm not
using hosts_randomize so that should be ignored.
Thanks,
John