Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Richard Welty
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Bagle, unqualified HELO, time delays
Richard Welty [3/4/2004 8:41 PM] :

> i am given to understand that the qmail defaults aren't that abusive,
> and that we have overly enthusiastic mail admins to thank for tweaking
> qmail parameters up to insane levels.

There's a patch to bump the number of parallel connections to over 500 I
think. And there's a note in the patch that the guy's ISP was quite
unwilling to have him open up 500 simultaneous connections to their MXs.

That, and opening up connections is not painful as long as they deliver
the email and close the connection / clean up after themselves.

Leaving thousands of open smtp connections just hanging there doing
nothing at all kind of bugs the hell out of me.

    srs

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux