Re: [Exim] exim_dbmbuild and # signs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim_dbmbuild and # signs
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

> (You are lucky that I am bilingual, and understand that a North
> American's "pound" is the # character. :-) This side of the pond,
> "pound sign" is something different.)

Indeed; but the Unicode character database codifies distinct names for
each character, and in an international context it would probably be
wise for contributors to use those as their guideline, rather than
using national-only variants. The "pound sign" according to Unicode
is the pound sterling currency character, which we recognise was not
what was intended here.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf 0023 "NUMBER SIGN" #
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf 00A3 "POUND SIGN" £

(And don't get me started on "octothorpe").