Re: [Exim] Authentication ACLs

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Fred Viles
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Authentication ACLs
On 3 Mar 2004 at 17:59, Fernando Sanchez wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Authentication ACLs":

| Andreas Metzler wrote:

| | I think you are looking at the wrong ACL. acl_smtp_auth controls
| | access to the AUTH command, only allowing access to the AUTH command
| | to people who are authenticated and therefore have already issued it
| | cannot work.
| |               cu andreas
| So I guess my other option should be the acl_smtp_connect could be a
| place?

No. Think about the sequence of operations in an SMTP session. You
have to accept a connection before any commands, like AUTH, can be
sent over it. Then an EHLO command must be sent (acl_smtp_helo) and
the response parsed before the client even knows whether the server
supports AUTH.

| or it would better be acl_smtp_rcpt?

That's the usual place, yes. It could also go in acl_smtp_mail, but
the default configuration doesn't include a MAIL ACL.

- Fred