[Exim] Authentication ACLs

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: [Exim] Authentication ACLs
Hi all,

I've been working out on this but I can't get it to work... I'm trying
to implement authentication for users from my domain. I have the
authenticator system working, I can setup my client to authenticate
before sending a mail and it works perfectly. But I haven't been able to
force users to send email authenticating themselfs. I don't think it
should be too hard doing it, but can't find the way. I've been using the
ACL acl_smtp_auth like this:

acl_check_auth:
    accept authenticated = *

    deny message = "Authentication requiered"

~From the Exim specs:

authenticated = <string list>

If the SMTP connection is not authenticated, the condition is false.
Otherwise, the name of the authenticator is tested against the list. To
test for authentication by any authenticator, you can set

~ authenticated = *

I would think that if the user is not authenticated then it should deny
the email. But with this ACL, if I authenticate using valid credentials,
I get denied.

Am I going in the correct way or am I completely wrong on this?

Thanks,

- --

Fernando Sanchez
Dpto. Sistemas USFQ