Re: [Exim] Encrypted Viruii

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Encrypted Viruii
> > Keep me in CC.
>
> done

=)

> > > p.s along with others, we decided that we had to block password-
> > > protected zip attachments outright. A pity, but couldn't see any
> > > alternative.
> >
> > How did you accomplish this?
>
> By changing the exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_trigger and
> exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_description strings, along these lines:

I see, I'm not using exiscan. I wrote my own scanner that uses mcafee's
uvscan and other tests. It is basically an smtp server that accepts
anything (open relay actually) that's only accepting connections from
localhost (hmm, closed relay =).

I suppose I could extend the thing to reject password encrypted files.

> As you can see, this presupposes Sophos sweep.

Our standard at work has always been mcafee (although I don't think it's
that great).