Re: [Exim] Re: To smarthost on direct failure -- how?

Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: To smarthost on direct failure -- how?
Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

..[snip]...

> Very well. I had already learned that due to this resistance, others
> have been forced to abandon Exim in favor of other products; apparently,
> I am now one of them.

WHY??? Because as you said in your first post that the entire problem is
that many mailservers now BLOCK DUL account IP's which you already said
that you use, and you smarthost those that don't want your email to your
ISP server anyway. Did you ever think that PERHAPS, just PERHAPS, you
should smart host ALL outbound email traffic from DUL IP's??
You seem to be making a very simple solution into a 'very big problem'.
If you do not want to use your ISP relay servers, then you need to purchase
a business account from your ISP that uses STATIC not DHCP assignment, and
or smarthost through some other server that your ISP does not controll but
is on a non-blocked IP range.

..[snip]...

--

--EAL--