Re: [Exim] exiscan question + upgrade to exim4

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan question + upgrade to exim4

    Ferenc> Hi all, I use exiscan v2.4 (not in smtp-time) to virus
    Ferenc> check my incoming mail with exim 3.36. Because I get too
    Ferenc> many viruses, I have disabled notification of rcpt and
    Ferenc> admin, and turn on only sender.

Please don't do this - as use not later many of virii use spoofed
addresses and you are basically spamming "innocents" with your sender
bounce. Upgrade to exim4 and use exiscan rejecting instead, but just
turn off bounces until you do.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/