[Exim] system_aliases director: failed to open....

Author: karada
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] system_aliases director: failed to open....
Dir sir/madam,

Though this problem has been mentioned in the following URL:
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20001211/022881.html

I still can not find sufficient information to solve this problem. Since
this server has been used for over two years and this problem is only
occurred from the last two month,all of my colleagues insisted on that
this is not the reason why too many instances of exim were generated,
which slowed down the server badly.

The log file gives the message as follows,
2004-03-03 06:25:19 Start queue run: pid=14650
2004-03-03 06:25:19 1AxVMA-0001bL-00 system_aliases director: failed to open /et
c/aliases for linear search: No such file or directory

Since I am a newcomer in linux network administration, any information
to this problem is highly appreciated.

                                                Best sincerely,
                                                   Chen