[Exim] virus rejection?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] virus rejection?
I just received a notice from a mailing list that they're unsubscribing
me because I refused a message.

They sent me back this, which allegedly comes from my mailserver:

<snip>
  xxx@???
    This message has been rejected because it has
    a potentially executable attachment
        your_picture.pif
    This form of attachment has been used by
    recent viruses or other malware.
    If you meant to send this file then please
    package it up as a zip file and resend it.
</snip>

I don't have any AV system on this mailserver (yet). Could I have
somehow configured exim to send back this message? If so, I don't
remember doing so (though it sounds like a good idea <smile>).

I just sent myself an email from another account, with a .exe
attachment, and it got delivered without any such message.

So is this likely a virus itself?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation