[Exim] SMTP rewriting (again)

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim usersEximUsersList
Assumpte: [Exim] SMTP rewriting (again)
Hello,

After the last discussion on the use of SMTP rewriting, I have now found
a problem with it. Using Exim 4.30, I have the rewrite rule:

\N^<?([^@<>]+)>?$\N     "${if and { {! eq {$1} {} } \
                              {match {$sender_host_name} \
                            {.net.plymouth.ac.uk\\$} } \
                      } {$sender_address@$sender_host_name} fail}"  S

Basically any unqualified sender/recipient address which comes from a
system in the net.plymouth.ac.uk domain should be qualified with
'net.plymouth.ac.uk'. (Qualify_recipient/qualify_domain are not
expandable so I can't set this to one thing for one domain and to
something else for all other domains.)

It seems that with SMTP-time rewriting the variable $sender_address is
not set. This is understandable in one respect if the S rewrite rule is
for non-standard (or invalid) addresses. However, is there a way to get
the original address regardless of what it is? I see that
$smtp_command_argument is not mentioned as being valid for the MAIL
command so I can't use that.

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839